Senior Front End Engineer
The Senior Frontend Engineer is a highly experienced front-end technical lead with deep understanding of front-end technologies, as well as experience leading and mentoring a team of engineers.
- Architect and design the front-end architecture of the application. This includes defining the components, modules, and services that will make up the front-end, as well as the way they will interact with each other.
- Develop and implement new features for the front-end. This includes working with the product team to gather requirements, designing, and implementing the features, and testing them to ensure that they meet the requirements.
- Maintain and improve the existing front-end code. This includes fixing bugs, refactoring code to improve its maintainability, and adding new features.
- Work with the back-end team to integrate the front-end with the Python API. This includes defining the APIs that will be used to communicate between the front-end and back-end, as well as testing the integration to ensure that it works correctly.
- Write unit and integration tests for the front-end code. This ensures that the code is reliable and can be easily maintained.
- Review the code of other front-end developers. This helps to ensure that the code is of high quality and follows the team's coding standards.
- Mentor and support team members. This helps to ensure that the team has the skills and knowledge it needs to be successful.
- Stay up to date on the latest front-end technologies. This ensures that the team is using the best tools and techniques available.
- Work as part of an Agile cross-functional team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 5+ years in the IT field is required.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Excitement about UI technology trends as they relate to digital platforms (Design Systems and UI Component Libraries, UI Architecture, Responsive / Reusable Design Patterns)
- Detailed-oriented and delivery focused problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Figma is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Python and Django
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e., PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Strong project management skills: able to organize, adhere to process, and execute projects across disciplines and by deadline.
- Excellent communication skills: articulate clearly, thoroughly, and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortability with the entire development life cycle (inception to release) in an Agile environment.
- Collaborative, engaged, and adaptable; comfortable joining a team with a large, mature codebase with established engineering processes.
- Flexible and proactive
- Knowledge of AWS latest tech and AWS cloud infra stack.
- Basic knowledge of image optimization and authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small optimizations on an image.
- Basic understanding of API design, web servers, cloud architectures, CI/CD DevOps processes and tools (ex. CircleCI), and backend development including database architecture and data models (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience incrementally rolling out new features, components or refactors without blocking the rest of the team and iterating upon and maintaining live products.
- Expertise with Developer Tools and Processes including version control (Git), and Agile tracking tools such as Asana or Jira.
- Proven experience building a major product or feature from scratch at scale for a large public-facing web application.
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The *median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $107,696 annually, subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications, geographic location, and operational considerations.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401K Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business
- The median amount may be greater or less than the average salary.