Accounting NetSuite ERP Business System Manager
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Business Systems Manager with strong accounting knowledge who will work with the accounting team handling day-to-day accounting functions (AP, AR, and GL). You will need to be hands-on with month-end adjusting entries, more complex GAAP accounting areas such as reserves and be the primary contact for all things NS reporting related. A team player at heart, you collaborate cross functionally, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. This role works with our ERP team to bridge between the Accounting team and business system application in NetSuite.
The US-based salary range for this position is $126,000 to $170,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Work with cross functional teams to identify problems, process gaps and propose reasonable and creative solutions to improve processes including opportunities for automating manual processes or activities within a process.
- Oversee implementation of Finance NS improves projects from beginning to completion.
- Provide direction, oversight, communication, performance management, coaching, and development to staff in sync with the company's growth.
- Assist with monthly financial close activities and accounting staff through month-end and operational tasks.
- If needed, can review monthly journal entries and reconciliations for all areas except for Revenue and contra revenue.
- Responsible for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of account reconciliations
- Drive process improvements and optimize efficiencies in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks, and using Netsuite to streamline reporting.
- Provide GAAP guidance to the team and be comfortable with accounting research for updated accounting pronouncement and draft accounting memo, if needed.
- Monitor company’s activities for nexus and permanent establishment
- Collaborate with special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience ideally in software and/or manufacturing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and NetSuite preferred.
- Effective communication skills - including the capability to listen to the needs of others, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in an ambiguity and dynamic environment.
- Solid analytical skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues
- Strong background in accounting or finance, business processes and internal control evaluation. Ability to design and implement processes in support of new business or governance initiatives and experience leading operational and process change with a drive towards world class controlling processes and controls.
- Understand the fundamentals of NetSuite GL, Inventory, AP, AR, and Treasury. Knowledge of NetSuite workflow and reporting to assist in reporting building and mapping.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.