Sr. Product Manager - Utility Product
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
At Recurve, we are dedicated to solve the most complex clean energy grid challenges to meet our climate goals and ensure keeping the lights on! Our open-source SaaS platform and sophisticated M&V analytics and forecasting tools help energy professionals leverage their smart meter data to quickly and accurately measure energy usage, and the impact of demand flexibility resources on the grid. Our FLEXmarket product is proving that demand management can scale and deliver cost-effective outcomes for grid management and customer savings.
We are an organization that places a high value on interoperability, transparency, communication, and collaboration, with no black boxes. We are a 100% distributed, performance driven organization that welcomes all applicants who are self-motivated, thrive in a remote-working environment, and want to help grow a fast paced startup.
About The Role:
Recurve is seeking its first Sr Product Manager to join its Utility Product team. This person will own a large portion of our core product offering that provides valuable data insights to our utility clients. This person will play a pivotal role in shaping and driving our core product offering as we move towards a singular product vision and strategy. As the PM for this team, you will utilize your background in data products and services and will own a suite of software products, features, pipelines, and tools that enable our open-source platform. This role is deeply collaborative. You will work with nearly every internal function, including our outside clients, to conceptualize client data needs in order to build a seamless, out-of-the-box product offering. As the first individual contributor on this team, you will also build internal processes around research, documentation, and metrics. This role reports directly to the VP of Product and will also be partnering closely with our CTO, CEO and COO.
What You Will Do:
- Own, strategize and define a large portion of Recurve’s Utility Product roadmap.
- Manage product development processes from ideation to iteration, including requirement gathering, prioritization and roadmap planning.
- Work closely with our engineering teams to understand our data needs and pipelines in order to balance product velocity and technical debt tradeoffs.
- Engage with external clients directly in order to gather meaningful insights that will further develop our utility product offering.
- Conduct market research and other competitive analysis to identify market trends and customer needs.
- Work cross functionally and drive technical alignment with internal and external stakeholders; including engineering, solutions, sales and operations.
- Create and improve upon current internal processes, including; writing clear, concise PRD’s, user stories, wireframes, mockups and other artifacts that help communicate and outline product requirements.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including project plans, status reports and mitigation plans.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion and continuous learning within the product management team and across the organization.
- 4-5+ years of product management experience, preferably having worked with complex data products and data pipelines.
- Technical expertise and detailed understanding of data analytics, data pipelines and other big data technologies.
- Strong understanding of SQL.
- Track record of successfully delivering complex software products or products from concept to launch.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortability driving data-informed product strategy into production.
- Proven experience moving through the entire product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Customer-first mindset, with a focus on simplicity and making complex products easy to use for consumers.
- Comfortability working in a completely remote, distributed environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or related field.
Bonus Points, But Not Required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- Previous experience working within energy/utilities.
- Previous experience working with any object oriented programming language; Python, Java, Golang, Scala, etc.