-- $1500 SIGNING BONUS
Since 1994, Sonic has been committed to building a faster, more affordable internet, and to hiring the nicest people around. We are looking for exceptional employees who want to challenge the industry for the better by putting members first and offering accessible connectivity for everyone.
Foster your personal growth, develop your career, and make a difference in an industry where honest business practice has become optional. Every career opening at Sonic is an opportunity to join a dedicated team where each department works closely together with one another.
Join a community-minded company that empowers the growth of a better internet — one home, one business, one employee at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment is primarily in the Logistics warehouse with limited heating or cooling. Appropriate apparel should be worn to accommodate changes in weather. Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times.
Warehouse Associate position will be part of a team that facilitates daily shipping and receiving functions, warehouse organization, restocking and manual inventories.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Warehouse Associate is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt/hourly position. This position is a hands-on position that will participate in all Logistics activities.
Travel may include local errands.
The Warehouse Associate position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, validating and signing for deliveries to include FTL, LTL and parcel shipments.
- Customer RA check ins and processing.
- RA return breakdown and restocking
- RA return testing and disposition
- Processing/shipping customer orders.
- General warehouse organization and cleaning.
- Manual inventories as needed.
- Meet and maintain safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized cable yard.
- Use general warehouse equipment, pallet jacks, dollies, forklifts and carts.
- Assist with various facilities related tasks as assigned by Director of Logistics, i.e., moving furniture, relocating employees, event set up and break down and special occasion assistance.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience general warehouse work, stocking, loading or unloading trucks, taking inventory, maintaining organization.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience shipping and receiving with UPS, Fed Ex and Parcel Post.
· Minimum 3 years' California Drivers License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend written instructions. Ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Computer Skills - Proficient in multiple operating platforms; should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Tool and equipment experience - Ability to use a pallet jack, hand truck/cart, box cutters, taping devices, measuring devices, scales, and calculators.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy: As a condition of employment, new hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before the first day of employment subject to legally mandated accommodations.
- $1500 Signing Bonus
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical + Dental + Vision benefits
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Education opportunities
- Stipend for high-speed internet access
- Paid Comprehensive Training
- Growth Opportunities
- Use of company vehicle
Sonic is an equal opportunity employer. Sonic is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.