Director, People Operations
Launched out of MIT in 2019, Fyto has developed a proprietary aquatic crop production platform that uses a fraction of the resources required by terrestrial crops to create safe, natural products that enable farmers to do more with less. In partnership with America’s agricultural community we help design, develop, finance, and operate aquatic cropping systems that transform nutrient, water, land, and labor challenges into animal and plant nutrition solutions.
Our people are what make our mission possible. We are passionate about our contributions to Fyto and invested in building a rewarding culture of innovative and collaborative teammates, a supportive environment, diverse career opportunities, and meaningful work. Fyto is a place for people that believe they can change the world and want to take action to leave a positive lasting impact. If you share these traits and want to apply yourself to rewrite the rules of agriculture, then come grow with us!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Director of People Operations to lead all aspects of HR – including talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, and benefit administration. We believe the key to our success is our team and are looking for someone to promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture that prioritizes employee well-being and engagement. The right person will be empathetic, resourceful and excited to take on the wide variety of challenges that occur at a startup, from well-planned to random and everything in between.
What You’ll Do
- Build and implement HR policies and procedures
- Manage all stages of employee lifecycle -recruiting, hiring, onboarding, retention, offboarding
- Design and manage performance evaluation systems
- Administer benefits and ensure general HR compliance
- Provide guidance to managers on employee development and growth opportunities
- Address employee concerns, resolve conflicts, and ensure a positive work environment
- Provide support to department managers on HR matters, including employee relations and performance management
- Create strategic plans to attract, develop, and retain talent
- Promote a positive workplace culture through policies that promote employee well-being and participation -including our annual offsite, team events, and more
- Complete ad hoc projects and administrative tasks
- 7+ years experience in recruiting, people operations, and human resources at a high-growth startup
- Caring and empathetic - you genuinely care about building meaningful connections with all employees, and making sure employees are supported
- Resourceful and persistent - no tasks are too small, you go above and beyond to complete projects, and are creative with how you get things done
- Experience with scaling and managing HR/People Ops
- Experience with the entire employee lifecycle, including onboarding, promotions, performance improvement plans, terminations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR strategies that align with business goals
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive change
Salary range: $120,000-$150,000/yr. Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, employee stock options
Fyto is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Fyto does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its recruitment processes and employment practices.
Salary range: $120,000-$150,000/yr, medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, employee stock options