Senior Back End Engineer
The Senior Back-End Software Engineer has DevOps experience and a strong understanding of back-end development principles and practices, as well as experience with DevOps tools and techniques. The Senior Back-End Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining back-end systems, as well as automating the deployment and testing of our software.
- Partner with product, marketing, business intelligence, and design teams to develop new product features and enhancements.
- Design, engineering plans to meet the requirements of the product or goal.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code.
- Contribute to and influence the overall backend architecture decisions.
- Work closely with product, marketing, and customer service to translate customer feedback into successful features and tools.
- Collaborate with backend engineers outside your feature team to maintain shared code and infrastructure.
- Coordinate with frontend engineers to provide a cohesive experience.
- Use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion.
- Collaborate, mentor, and learn with a high-performing team of engineers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4+ years in the IT field is required.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- AWS certification.
- Proven experience building a major product or feature from scratch at scale for a large public-facing web application.
- Knowledge of AWS latest tech and AWS cloud infra stack.
- Solid understanding of Python deployment best practices, including dependency management, virtual environments, containerization, etc.
- Proficiency with React and Django
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e., PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Experience incrementally rolling out new features, components or refactors without blocking the rest of the team and iterating upon and maintaining live products.
- Strong project management skills: able to organize, adhere to process, and execute projects across disciplines and by deadline.
- Excellent communication skills: able to articulate clearly, thoroughly, and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortability with the entire development life cycle (inception to release) in an Agile environment.
- Collaborative, engaged, and adaptable; comfortable joining a team with a large, mature codebase with established engineering processes.
- Flexible and proactive.
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The *median base compensation for this position is estimated to be $107,696 annually, subject to adjustment based on business-related factors including employee qualifications, geographic location, and operational considerations.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401K Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance. This information is intended to be a general overview and may be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business
- The median amount may be greater or less than the average salary.