Northern California Wine Sales Manager (San Francisco, CA)
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 5, 2022
Maker is a premium canned wine company serving up award-winning wine from the nation's best small producers, in the perfect single-serving pour.
We're a small-but-mighty female-founded business shaking up the wine world and lifting up the little guys. We are storytellers, curators, and experience-makers. We want to fix a broken system that adversely impacts small producers and make premium wine approachable to everyone.
Featured in Wine Spectator, Vinepair, Forbes, and Food 52, we’re the highest rated canned wine on the market today. We’re venture-backed, growing fast, and just getting started. Join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a scrappy but seasoned Sales Manager to own our Northern California territory. This position will report directly to the President, and will work in partnership with distributor reps in the region to target on & off-premise accounts. This particular role will be based in San Francisco but covering the larger Northern California territory.
This is a high-impact role at a fast-growing wine startup – the sky's the limit!
What you'll do:
- Manage our Northern California distributor relationship
- Prospect, sell, and manage emerging markets and new accounts by sampling wines, negotiating pricing, owning merchandising, etc.
- Log all sales activity in the CRM
- Attend and contribute to biweekly team meetings; report out on key sales metrics and objectives
- Maintain alignment with leadership on brand goals/direction
- Keep tabs on what’s happening in the market, be aware of all competitive activity within your territory, and ensure Maker is at the forefront of innovative ideas to support our retailers
Who you are:
- You’ve sold wine or beverage products into retail accounts
- You care deeply about independent producers and craft products; you love to sell a product you believe in
- You work independently and are comfortable hitting the road to meet with retail partners and prospects
- You’re a high-energy self-starter, love a fast-paced startup environment, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- 4+ years of experience in beverage sales (as a supplier, distributor, or brand ambassador)
- Experience in lead generation and sales pipeline management
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills; able to lead pitches and take meetings with retailers big and small
- Magnetic personality - positive attitude, sense of humor, you love people and they adore you
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and G Suite
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; wine education is a plus!
- Must own a car and be willing to transport samples and marketing collateral; mileage will be reimbursed at IRS rates
Where you'll be:
- This role requires you to be based in San Francisco Bay Area, California
Maker is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We not only embrace difference, we celebrate and value the diversity of our team members, our winemakers and our communities.