Engineering Manager, Utility Delivery
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
About The Role:
At Recurve, we are dedicated to solving clean energy grid challenges to meet our climate goals to ensure that we’re still able to keep the lights on! Our open-source SaaS platform and tools help energy professionals around the world leverage their smart meter data to quickly and accurately measure energy usage, and the impact of efficiency and demand flexibility on the grid.
While ensuring projects with our clients move along without a hitch, our team is responsible for the important work behind the scenes that ultimately helps our customers navigate the nuances behind energy data modeling in order to drive value into their organization.
As the Engineering Manager (EM) for our Utility Delivery team you will be leading a group of talented engineers that are responsible for delivering unique, meaningful insights and solutions directly to our clients. This team works very closely with our customers in order to develop solutions that involve processing large volumes of data in order to provide them best in class data visualization to best understand their business needs. We’re looking for an EM who is extremely client forward, organized, values high quality data, and has previous experience managing software engineering teams.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a team of fast-paced engineers, to help tackle challenging problems and develop reliable, scalable solutions.
- Work in close contact with our clients and customer solutions teams to analyze business needs and create useful data driven insights that help alleviate their client pain points.
- Derive useful business insights from large amounts of nebulous data.
- Mentor your team technically and professionally as we balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping them quickly for our customers.
- Partner with TPM’s, EM’s, and other cross functional stakeholders to guide the articulation and execution of the strategic roadmap of this team.
- Iterate systems, practices, and processes continuously to uphold an environment of technical excellence.
- Collaborate directly with our executive team on program and product improvements to best meet the needs of our customers and business
- 3-4+ years of Engineering Management experience.
- 4+ years of relevant Engineering experience in data, product, platform, or analytics.
- Expertise with big data, and proficiency in other programming languages (Python, Golang, etc.)
- Prior B2B experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Deeply motivated by working with customers and creating meaningful data driven solutions.
- Excellent product and business instinct with demonstrated ability to deliver measurable, highly-complex projects.
- An affinity for working in a fast-paced environment; jumping in wherever is needed in order to get things over the finish line.
Bonus Points, But Not Required
- Experience working with GCP or other cloud technologies.
- Prior experience in climate tech or energy tech.
- Remote and/or startup software working experience