Sr. Software Engineer, Utility Delivery
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At Recurve, we are dedicated to solve the most complex clean energy grid challenges to meet our climate goals and ensure keeping the lights on! Our open-source SaaS platform and sophisticated M&V analytics and forecasting tools help energy professionals leverage their smart meter data to quickly and accurately measure energy usage, and the impact of demand flexibility resources on the grid. Our FLEXmarket product is proving that demand management can scale and deliver cost-effective outcomes for grid management and customer savings.
We are an organization that places a high value on interoperability, transparency, communication, and collaboration, with no black boxes. We are a 100% distributed, performance driven organization that welcomes all applicants who are self-motivated, thrive in a remote-working environment, and want to help grow a fast paced startup.
About The Role:
Recurve is seeking an experienced Sr Software Engineer to join our Utility Delivery team. Our Utility Delivery team is responsible for working on the core client delivery system at Recurve. As a data driven company this involves the transformation and processing of large quantities of information. This platform is responsible for making our users' data readily accessible so that they are able to make quantitative decisions that directly impact our grid and overall energy usage. We’re searching for an experienced software engineer with focus on building out effective data tooling and an ability to learn new systems quickly.
This person will act as an individual contributor but will also have the opportunity to operate in a leadership capacity and help shape the mentorship of others on the team. While this person will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager on this team, they will also be working very closely with them on product roadmapping and development as it aligns to overall business impact.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the delivery of exceptional products for our customers through readily accessible data platforms and solutions.
- Create and build systems that support the rapid ingestion of new data and the timely deployment of advanced analytic models into production.
- Create and streamline continuous pipeline delivery.
- Lead data process initiatives; from design to implementation to delivery.
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables.
- Mentor and coach development teams, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts to improve engineering excellence and best practices within our engineering and production teams.
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably building consumer tools and delivering data products from conception to delivery.
- Strong SQL capabilities.
- Proficiency with Python/Pandas, or other object oriented languages.
- Experience working with GCP and its related technologies.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, and other key architectural concepts as well as their impact on design.
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and high-growth environment.
- Passion for mentorship, preferably having led a team of junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or related field.
Bonus Points, But Not Required:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- Previous experience working within energy or utilities.
- Prior lead or management experience.