Strategic Partnerships Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
At Recurve, we are dedicated to solve the most complex clean energy grid challenges to meet our climate goals and ensure keeping the lights on! Our open-source SaaS platform and sophisticated M&V analytics and forecasting tools help energy professionals leverage their smart meter data to quickly and accurately measure energy usage, and the impact of demand flexibility resources on the grid. Our FLEXmarket product is proving that demand management can scale and deliver cost-effective outcomes for grid management and customer savings.
You will be joining an organization that places a high value on interoperability, transparency, communication, and collaboration, with no black boxes. We actively break down barriers daily inside the organization and with our clients to create lasting relationships and effective workflows. We are a 100% distributed, performance crazy organization that welcomes all applicants who are self-motivated, thrive in a remote-working environment, and want to help grow a fast paced startup.
About The Role:
Recurve is seeking an experienced Strategic Partnerships Manager to help grow our expanding business. Partnerships are a strategically important sales channel for Recurve and our Partners. As our Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will position our solutions and provide industry insight while working with our partners on joint go-to-market opportunities. We are seeking a colleague with an entrepreneurial drive, to diligently source, develop and close opportunities. This role requires a strong background in sales with the proven experience in identifying and closing opportunities with new and existing partners. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Partnerships, this is a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary role, and the ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate with and learn from team members across the whole organization.
What You Will Do:
- Identify and qualify new Partners and partner opportunities based on business alignment with Recurve, their products and services that lead to commercial agreements and go-to-market strategies.
- Lead day-to-day support, collaboration and communication with existing partners while collaborating with Recurve’s Solutions team to identify expansion opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales account teams and Recurve leadership to strategically to identify and support sales RFP and RFI opportunities with channel partners.
- Drive partner opportunities and strategic teaming agreements through contract close while working closely with Recurve and partner legal teams.
- Develop and maintain project plans, timelines and budgets for partnership initiatives.
- Drive partner joint marketing opportunities that deliver revenue results and customer acquisition working with Recurve and partner marketing teams.
- Rapidly develop the ability to deliver Partner presentations to tell the story of Recurve’s value-based and innovative approach to the energy industry.
- Embody Recurve’s Core Values and positively impact and maintain company culture.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or partnership role, preferably working within the energy or climate tech space.
- A proven track record of success in previous sales roles.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortability communicating with large, varied audiences.
- An assertive approach to challenging industry’ status quo and approaching new potential partners.
- An inquisitive mindset focused on identifying customer needs, key stakeholders, and identifying potential roadblocks early.
- Technical curiosity that will allow you to thrive in a cross-functional role and serve as a thought leader and early solutions consultant to clients.
- Experience with CRMs, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Enjoyment working in a fast-paced environment, jumping in wherever is needed, and helping get things over the finish line.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, IT, Engineering, or related field
Bonus Points, But Not Required:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, IT, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience selling SaaS solutions.
- Experience working with utilities, demand-side management, distributed energy resources, or energy efficiency.