Vice President, Product
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
At Recurve, we are on a mission to create a more sustainable future by aligning energy demand with supply through grid-integrated virtual power plants! With the Recurve Platform, we can offer energy professionals the means to unlock the true potential of their smart meter data, leading to more efficient energy usage and robust responses to grid challenges.
Our game-changing FLEXmarket product is transforming the landscape of demand management by proving its ability to scale and deliver cost-effective outcomes for grid management and customer savings.
Our founding team has years of experience building energy and demand-side solutions to scale and directly impact government policies and programs. We’re a fully remote, distributed team of knowledgeable professionals who value interoperability, transparency, communication, and collaboration.
About The Role
We are seeking an exceptional VP of Product to spearhead our product vision, strategy, and execution, propelling the growth of our groundbreaking suite of products. As a market creator and leader in tech for energy efficiency and demand response, this role offers an exhilarating opportunity to drive innovation and shape the industry's future.
As a trusted executive and key member of our Technical Leadership Team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our long-term product and business strategy. Your expertise will be invaluable in identifying new product opportunities, developing cutting-edge capabilities, and addressing customer pain points to drive tangible business impact.
In close collaboration with the CTO, CEO, and other C-suite leaders, you will utilize your astute strategic acumen in crafting an impactful product roadmap. Your ability to think long-term and make data-driven decisions will extend to engaging with our board of directors and effectively communicating our vision and progress.
What You Will Do
- Own Recurve’s end-to-end product strategy and roadmap as we continue growing, scaling, and building our product offering.
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy by building consensus across all functions and teams at Recurve, our executives, key stakeholders, and customers.
- Act as Recurve’s thought leader regarding our product and working with external stakeholders, partners and investors, policy, and other regulators.
- Identify market opportunities and potential areas for product expansion, conducting thorough market research and competitor analysis.
- Lead product marketing and sales efforts to develop effective go-to-market strategies that properly position our Recurve product offerings.
- Establish, track, and interpret KPIs to identify current business trends and future opportunities that will drive performance.
- Develop and own top-line company OKRs responsible for improving customer acquisition, retention, margin, revenue, CAC, LTV, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, data scientists, and sales, to ensure seamless product integration and feature enhancements.
- Hire and cultivate additional talent and scale Recurve's product and design functions.
- 8-10+ years of product management experience, with prior experience working on technical and B2B products.
- Prior experience and knowledge working in energy or climate-related fields; preferably on the demand side.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience leading product and/or other technical teams.
- Previous experience designing and building software products to scale.
- Deep experience leading across all aspects of the product development lifecycle from discovery to launch and post-launch.
- Prior experience leading the organizational development and rapid growth of various functions within the product, including, but not limited to, design, analytics, engineering, and program management.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence technical and product decisions at all levels of the organization using various quantitative methods.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
Bonus Points, But Not Required
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance considerations in the oil, gas, energy, or manufacturing industries.
- Prior software engineering experience.