Plant Project Manager
Since 1994, Sonic has been committed to building a faster, more affordable internet, and to hiring the nicest people around. We are looking for exceptional employees who want to challenge the industry for the better by putting members first and offering accessible connectivity for everyone.
Foster your personal growth, develop your career, and make a difference in an industry where honest business practice has become optional. Every career opening at Sonic is an opportunity to join a dedicated team where each department works closely together with one another.
Join a community-minded company that empowers the growth of a better internet — one home, one business, one employee at a time.
The role of the Plant Project Manager is to ensure that outside plant projects run efficiently, timely and within budget. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of multiple outside plant construction projects from the design concept through project delivery while promoting Sonic's core values of outstanding customer service, quality, security and integrity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Plant Project Manager is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position.
Travel is expected for this position. A valid California Driver’s License and Clean DMV is required.
The Plant Project Manager directly supervises, monitors, and schedules Contractors and in-house Construction Crews and provides regular feedback to the PMO Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent Communication
- Customer/public interactions and relations/problem solving
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with executives or department managers to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Materials takeoff/orders
- Scheduling projects
- Establishing project budgets
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Coordinate with other Project Managers and team to manage resources across multiple projects
- Apply for and maintain permits
- Cost control
- Strong MS Project, GIS, and Accounting Software/ERP software skills required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Responsibility - Acts independently in the field within reason; knows when to consult for assistance; acts with integrity in all business-related decisions; takes responsibility for vehicles, tools and credit cards.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with Previous experience with Microsoft Project strongly preferred.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational
Compensation & Benefits:
Medical, dental, vision benefits. 401k, profit sharing, free internet account, life insurance, and more!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily driving is expected.
The Plant Project Managers may be exposed to varying climates and elements, determined by Mother Nature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and stand; talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; key/type. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to drive a vehicle.
Sonic is an equal opportunity employer. Sonic is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Sonic is an at-will employer. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement, or contract, between the employer and employee and is subject to change. Other functions may be assigned and/or reassigned by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The only employment contract that exists between you and Sonic is that of at-will employment. Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.