Internet Install Technician
Come Join the Team!!
Since 1994, Sonic has been committed to building a faster, more affordable internet, and to hiring the nicest people around. We are looking for exceptional employees who want to challenge the industry for the better by putting members first and offering accessible connectivity for everyone.
Foster your personal growth, develop your career, and make a difference in an industry where honest business practice has become optional. Every career opening at Sonic is an opportunity to join a dedicated team where each department works closely together with one another.
Join a community-minded company that empowers the growth of a better internet — one home, one business, one employee at a time
Internet Install Technicians visit residential, small business and enterprise level locations to troubleshoot, repair and install all Sonic internet connectivity and phone services.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt/hourly position. Occasionally, overtime is necessary to deliver outstanding customer service.
Travel is expected for this position. A company gas card and vehicle will be supplied. Gas cards are expected to be used on individually assigned company vehicles only. Paid drive time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and Install all Sonic internet connectivity and phone services.
- Have proficient understanding of dispatch and workflow software.
- Receive communication of locations and duties from dispatch software and/or personnel.
- Able to responsibly handle company issued vehicles, tools and credit cards.
- Abide by all safety procedures and report accidents/injuries to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain correct insurance paperwork and vehicle records on person or in vehicle.
- Maintain an active California state driver’s license.
- Driver has been licensed for more than 3 years.
- Maintain a clean driving record as defined by the current Sonic fleet insurance underwriter.
- Able to lift 65lbs.
- Communicate effectively with all Sonic workgroups.
- Ensure all scheduled visits are completed by end of day.
- Willingness to work overtime.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valid CA Driver’s License for three years and clean DMV record a MUST!
Mandatory Vaccination Policy: As a condition of employment, new hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before the first day of employment subject to legally mandated accommodations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Skills - Ability to read and write.
- Physical Ability - Ability to drive, use tools, climb ladders and crawl under building.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to handle heights.
- Computer Skills – Ability to type and use a computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily driving is expected.
The Field Force department spends time in a vehicle, outside or inside Sonic customers’ businesses or residents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and stand; talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; key/type. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to drive a vehicle.
$20/hour plus over time and paid Drive time Average first year annual salary: $60k+
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical + Dental + Vision benefits
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Education opportunities
- Company Vehicle
- Paid Comprehensive Training
- Growth Opportunities
As a condition of employment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
Sonic is an equal opportunity employer. Sonic is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.