MDU Sales Specialist
Seeking Candidates ideally from SF
Since 1994, Sonic has been committed to building a faster, more affordable internet, and to hiring the nicest people around. We are looking for exceptional employees who want to challenge the industry for the better by putting members first and offering accessible connectivity for everyone.
Foster your personal growth, develop your career, and make a difference in an industry where honest business practice has become optional. Every career opening at Sonic is an opportunity to join a dedicated team where each department works closely together with one another.
Join a community-minded company that empowers the growth of a better internet — one home, one business, one employee at a time.
In this role, you will work within the consumer field organization responsible for driving sales by securing marketing contracts with owners and developers of apartment, condo and multi-dwelling units within Sonic’s fiber footprint. These partnerships enable Sonic to market and grow strategic consumer services in these communities. The successful candidate will be responsible for structuring and securing new Full Building Installations with owners and developers of apartment, condo and multi-dwelling units within their assigned territory, to increase the MDU capture rate and overall Sonic take rate, in our fiber footprint. .
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt/hourly position.
Travel is expected for this position. A valid California Driver’s License and Clean DMV is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cold-calling prospects to set up meetings and secure new Full Building Installations
- Developing and managing a sales funnel to meet specific monthly sales targets
- Coordinating with field sales team to schedule onsite events at of apartment, condo and multi-dwelling units
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with internal and external partners to ensure all contractual obligations and targets are being met
- Create, update, maintain Salesforce Opportunities/Accounts, and Excel files to track sales activity
- Update and manage Sonic internal Tools
- Schedule and perform Site Surveys, send out Site Survey “Installation Proposals” to appropriate scheduling of Full Building bulk project
- Manage weekly calendar of activities and communicate it with MDU Sales and MDU Installation team
- Develop a good working relationship with Sales Administrators by assisting them when needed
- Maintain marketing and sales materials in the field
- Daily reporting of scheduled visits and results to Sales Manager and/or in Salesforce
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be familiar or able to learn:
- Sonic’s Fiber installation process
- Basic understanding of Sonic internal Tools
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Salesforce a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Suite
- Good communicator both verbally and written
- Must be able to multi-task and balance many priorities
- Solid teamwork skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level and the climate when in the office is typically moderate. When working in the field, the elements are dependent on Mother Nature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; key/type. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Min: $20/hour Max: $25/hour PLUS Commission
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical + Dental + Vision benefits
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Education opportunities
- Stipend for high-speed internet access
- Paid Comprehensive Training
- Growth Opportunities
Sonic is an equal opportunity employer. Sonic is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Sonic is an at-will employer. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement, or contract, between the employer and employee and is subject to change. Other functions may be assigned and/or reassigned by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The only employment contract that exists between you and Sonic is that of at-will employment. Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.