Inside Sales Representative
Since 1994, Sonic has been committed to building a faster, more affordable internet, and to hiring the nicest people around. We are looking for exceptional employees who want to challenge the industry for the better by putting members first and offering accessible connectivity for everyone.
Foster your personal growth, develop your career, and make a difference in an industry where honest business practice has become optional. Every career opening at Sonic is an opportunity to join a dedicated team where each department works closely together with one another.
Join a community-minded company that empowers the growth of a better internet — one home, one business, one employee at a time
The Inside Sales Rep position is responsible for providing efficient and courteous customer service, offering all Sonic products and services to current and prospective customers, and driving our business growth. This is a fast paced, multi-faceted role with room for growth!
What you’ll do:
- Drive our business growth, help expand our fiber network to more homes
- Answer inbound customer calls and/or place outbound calls; provide efficient and courteous customer service while offering all Sonic products and services
- Possess an energetic attitude and desire to grow the business through sales
- Act as a consultant and respond to customer telephone inquiries with the use of multiple sales support tools
- Be an active listener who can show empathy and patience in a non-scripted sales environment; effectively communicate information to a variety of non-technical and technical customers
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Work in a fast paced, high volume, changing environment
- Learn and strive to gain new knowledge about product and service changes
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase customer retention and satisfaction
- Exceptional phone etiquette, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Excellent work ethic – motivated to be a consistent performer
- Ability to receive and implement ongoing feedback and coaching with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Customer service experience preferred
- Must have basic computer familiarity
- Must maintain a positive attendance record
- Weekday AND Weekend availability
- Must be able to work in our Santa Rosa
- Spanish Preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit; key/type. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$18-$19/hour plus commission
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical + Dental + Vision benefits
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Education opportunities
- Stipend for high-speed internet access
- Paid Comprehensive Training
- Growth Opportunities
As a condition of employment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
Sonic is an equal opportunity employer. Sonic is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.