Growth Engineer (remote)
Sales & Business Development
Sausalito, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online, and then match them with the right local contractors to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
We are disrupting the $200 billion outdoor renovation industry. By leveraging technology and creating an innovative online process, we offer a more straightforward, transparent, and delightful design and build experience for the modern homeowner. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer, Fast Company Most Innovative Company, named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work, and written about by Architectural Digest, The New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes. And we’re just getting started.
Yardzen is looking for a Growth Engineer with experience supporting a data-oriented, high-velocity conversion rate optimization (CRO) team. As a growth engineer, you'll work side-by-side with our Growth Product Manager, Data and Marketing team members to increase our website’s conversion rate by concepting experiments, providing level of effort (LOE) estimates, implementing the different A/B tests and initiatives, measuring their performance, and productionalizing successful experiments into the codebase.
About this role:
- Be an owner of our WordPress codebase
- Work closely with Product, Data and Marketing team members to identify effective engineering solutions for growth initiatives, primarily focused on increasing our website conversion rate
- Maintain a robust technical solution for A/B testing and personalization through Split.io
- Implement changes and experiments to our WordPress platform
- Work cross-functionally with growth and data teams to implement, monitor, and troubleshoot web performance tracking including user behavior and marketing funnel metrics
- Assure proper data is being reported to the A/B testing solution
- Assure appropriate data is being ingested by third-party performance marketing platforms such as Meta and Google
- Build new templates and modules for our WordPress site
- Work with our design team to implement pixel-perfect designs in WordPress using a mobile-first approach
- Honor accessibility standards such as WCAG
- Work with Growth Product Manager to ensure web pages and experiences are optimized for speed and SEO
- Implement pages optimized for Google’s Core Web Vitals and troubleshoot areas of opportunity
- Work with a small and agile engineering team to make an impact
- An expert understanding of CSS
- Deep familiarity with WCAG
- Experience in working with split.io or similar A/B testing solution
- An understanding of how to optimize web pages for speed (compression, CDN, etc)
- Experience using a GSCM system such as git
- Familiarity with Core Web Vitals
- Experience working with data and growth or marketing teams
- Experience working with Twilio Segment or similar CDP
- Experience with Facebook CAPI
- Working knowledge of GA4, Mode, BiqQuery, or similar web analytics, data warehousing, and data visualization platforms
- You believe in the benefits of outdoor living and appreciate beautiful spaces
- You have startup experience and thrive under pressure and with ambiguity
- You embrace change and lead with a growth mindset
- You’re a real teammate and would be described by those who know you as a genuinely kind person. Culture is critical in the early days and we’re looking for goodness and grit
What we offer:
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for employees
- Unlimited PTO
- Health & Wellness Budget
- Equity in our company
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- A free Yardzen design package
At Yardzen, we’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunities to succeed. We are looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, or veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Since April 2020, we're a remote-first organization. We believe work is a thing you do, not a place you go, and we can stay connected as an organization from anywhere. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, authentic empowerment, and autonomy create the best results.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or the recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Yardzen is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in a state where Yardzen is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.